Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Three years old

Well, Anne is three now and she had three birthday parties to celebrate. We didn't do it intentionally but that's just what ended up happening. One with Nana and fam, one with all her friends (at the zoo), and one with Grandma and fam. She had a birthweek, not a birthday. All last week I could tell when she was about to ask for something that she knew might be a stretch because she would begin with, "Is today my birthday party day?" Hmm, guess she picked up on our leniency.
I assembled a bed frame and brought her bed up off the floor. She was concerned that it was going to be too big so I told her that three year olds get big girl beds. She is very excited about it. Now whenever we are meeting somebody new, the questions are: "What's your name?" "Do you have a girl?" "Does she sleep in a big girl bed?" "Do YOU sleep in a big girl bed?" Interesting questions to ask a complete stranger in Walmart. There have been worse ones though, trust me!

2 comments:

Davis said...

Tell Anne that I do not sleep in a big girl bed!

Alida Sharp said...

I just got back from taking care of my goddaughter for three weeks. How wonderful it is to spend time with a little girl!