Thursday, November 30, 2006

Our Poor Neglected Left Hands

Today Anne asked Lydia,
"Mom. What am I supposed to be doing with my left hand?"
Lydia replied,
"Anything you like."

Which seemed appropriate to me.

While Lydia was telling me about it at the supper table tonight, Anne added,
"I asked 'cause it just kinda hangs there and I always use my other hand!"
So we came up with a list of things she couldn't do without her left hand:
  • Clap
  • Tickle
  • Carry her brother
  • Rake leaves
  • Help dad with chores
  • Carry two gallons of milk (which she's been able to do since she was two and one half)
  • Unload the dishwasher (honestly one of her favorite things to do)
  • Swing on our swingset
  • Pull up your pants (when she has plumber's disease - which happens quite often )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!

I was on the phone with Lydia when she asked about that to do with her left hand.

The things that girl comes up with!
She is thinkin!