Monday, August 28, 2006

Clean-Up on Aisle Four

I was writing an e-mail today and Anne was in the room with me. She said, "Mom, I'm going to go poop, will you come wipe me?"

I said, "Yes, just call for me when you're ready."

A few minutes later I heard:
In a slow announcer voice (like over the over-head speakers at a store):
Clean-up on aisle four. Someone has pooped. Clean-up on aisle four. Someone has pooped.

First, I couldn't believe my ears... Where did she come up with that? I sat in my chair for a minute laughing and listening in case she said something else hilarious. Then... Panic. What if she had an accident on the floor and that was her way of telling me? When they say "aisle" they usually mean floor. I did NOT want to do the clean-up on aisle four! Well, fortunately it was just her quirky sense of humor and she was sitting patiently on the toilet waiting for me when I finally went in to take care of her. What a relief!

No comments: